FEP is the School of Economics and Management of the University of Porto. The University of Porto is one of the most prestigious Higher Education Institutions in Portugal and Europe and highly ranked worldwide. Within its 14 schools and research units, the University of Porto has 32,443 students – of which around 6,000 are international students - and about 2,500 teachers and researchers. FEP was founded in 1953 and is, since then, a benchmark in education and research in the field of Economics and Management in Portugal, distinguishing itself through its ability to innovate and renew its study programs. That is shown by the diversity and quality of its programs: FEP offers two undergraduate programs (Economics and Management), sixteen MSc programs in all relevant fields of Economics and Management - of which five are taught in English - and two Ph.D. programs (Economics and Business and Management Studies) - also taught in English. FEP has a prestigious faculty comprising 168 faculty members that combine a high academic level with great teaching ability. FEP has one research centre: the Centre for Economics and Finance of the University of Porto (CEF.UP), appraised and funded by FCT, the Portuguese national research grant agency. For the 2021/22 school year, the number of degree students at FEP add up to 3,331. Also for the 2021/22 school year, the number of foreign degree and mobility students amounted to 11%. FEP students also use the opportunity to study abroad in the more than 100 FEP partner schools spread over 34 countries, in some cases granting them a double degree (e.g., Master in Management and Master in Finance students can apply to complete one period of studies abroad and obtain two diplomas. Master in Management students at Kedge Business School, University of São Paulo (agreement in renegotiation), and Warsaw School of Economics; Master in Finance students at Kozminski University and Prague University of Economics and Business. Further, FEP belongs to QTEM - Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management that gathers outstanding students from 23 top economics schools worldwide. FEP Alumni are placed in top management positions in the most important companies and institutions in Portugal and abroad, across all industries, allowing students privileged access to an extremely large and notorious corporate partner network.
Why study at FEP?
- FEP received the AACSB international accreditation, one of the most important international certifications in the area of business education. FEP is part of the distinguished group of about 6% of schools in this field that, all over the world, have this accreditation
- U.Porto is a worldwide highly-ranked university
- Top students
- Teaching quality and research-oriented faculty
- FEP belongs to QTEM Master Network that gathers outstanding students from 23 top economics schools worldwide
- Dual degrees (in the Bachelor in Business Administration with FEA-USP, in the Master in Management with FEA-USP (agreement in renegotiation), Kedge Business School and Warsaw School of Economics and in the Master in Finance with Kozminski University and Prague University of Economics and Business)
- Knowledge and professional skills
- Extracurricular activities
- Academic and professional integration support services
- Access to numerous internships and recruitment opportunities
- The notorious and wide alumni network
- Vibrant student life at the University of Porto: sports, culture, leisure