LLB (Hons) Law with Business
University of Portsmouth
Southsea, United Kingdom
3 - 4 years
GBP 9,250 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for UK/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students/EU residents | £16,200/year: international students
Would you like to learn skills in business leadership and people management at the same time as gaining a fully accredited law degree?
This Bachelor of Laws (LLB) is a fully accredited law degree which gives you a choice to study for your solicitor exams or your Bar exams after you graduate. Alongside your study of law, you'll gain knowledge of:
- corporate social responsibility
- ethical decision making
- strategic management
- people management
This course is ideal if you're considering a career in corporate law, which is one of the most highly paid sectors of law (Prospects 2021). It will also equip you for a business career.
- Enrich your study of law with a strong foundation in key business areas such as managing people in organisations, business strategy for lawyers, leadership, ethics and governance.
- Apply your learning in our community settings, gaining real-world business and legal practice skills.
- Benefit from teaching shaped by expert staff practising lawyers and business people and understand how the legal and business landscapes are changing.
- Enrich your learning through our research expertise in data protection, international business law and legal education.
- Take our Law in Practice module and gain three months of work experience that can count towards your qualifying work experience for the new Solicitors Qualifying Exam (SQE).
- Get lots of practice at the type of assessment used in the first part of the new Solicitors Qualifying Exam (SQE).
- Cover in-depth all the foundations of legal knowledge you need to go on and take your Bar exams.
New Solicitors Qualifying Exam (SQE)
The route to qualifying as a solicitor has changed for new applicants.
If you accept an offer on this course after 21 September 2021, you'll need to take the new Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) after you graduate to qualify as a solicitor. The content and mode of assessment of many of our modules provide a good foundation for further specific SQE preparation.
If you completed or started this course, accepted an offer of a place, or paid a non-refundable deposit (international students only) before 21 September 2021 (inclusive), you can choose to take either the new SQE or the Legal Practice Course (LPC) after graduation.
This course satisfies all the degree requirements laid down by the Bar Standards Board.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.