LL.M. Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Law University Of Zurich - Faculty of Law
The aim of this LL.M. course is to acquire the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge in order to be able to carry out M&A processes successfully. Furthermore, the students should be able to analyze and cope with the demanding legal, economic and tax problems of M&A transactions.
The first module focuses on the basics of M&A transactions, the possible strategies and the management of deals. The focus is also on company valuations and their accounting. The second module deals with the legal aspects of M&A processes. In addition to stock exchange law issues, the focus is on company acquisitions, takeover law and the financing of takeovers.
The following requirements must be met for admission to the course:
- University degree at Master’s level in law (exceptions are checked “sur dossier”)
- work experience
- Good oral and written knowledge of the teaching languages German and English
The course consists of a basic course and a specialization course. The lectures of the basic courses form the basis for the subsequent specialization courses. To obtain the LL.M. To receive a title, all basic courses, the specialization courses and the thesis must be successfully passed. In addition, two study trips must be visited (Luxembourg / Brussels, China, USA).
The students are taught by renowned lecturers from science (30%) and practice (30%). By using international sources and conventions, you will develop a broader international perspective in addition to Swiss law and EU law.
- Legal English for Lawyers
- EU commercial law
- International business law
- Competition law
- Commercial criminal law
- International tax law
- International company law
- IPRG / International Litigation
- Contract law
- Legal Technology
- Arbitration / contract negotiation
- International business transactions
- International technology transfer
The specialization part can also be attended as a certificate course (CAS).
The essentials in brief
- Part-time, 24 months, entry possible at any time
- Attendance time: every Friday afternoon and Saturday morning
- Language of instruction: German (English)
- Degree: LL.M. Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Law
- Registration form: www.LLM.uzh.ch
- Registration deadline: see website