Corporate Finance Law LLM University of Westminster
Post graduate open evening
Wednesday 1st March 2023 - On campus or online - 5:30-7PM (GMT)
Knowledge of corporate finance law is essential for lawyers, bankers and financiers who are keen to develop professional skills in corporate fundraising, deal structures and transactional management. Our Corporate Finance Law LLM offers an enhanced qualification for professionals working or planning to work in a technically demanding and dynamic global industry. It will appeal to both recent graduates and practitioners considering various fields of work, including law, investment banking, corporate finance, private equity, securities, investments, financial regulation, government agencies and international financial authorities.
You'll focus on learning how the financial markets work, from the primary markets involving the issuance of equity, debt and derivatives, to the secondary markets involving trading and investments, as well as very large financial transactions in the international capital markets. Importantly, you'll also learn how to take account of legal and regulatory risks that financiers and bankers face, and structure financial instruments to suit commercial priorities and social welfare policies.
This course is structured to give you a comprehensive understanding of the practical processes and innovative products of the international corporate finance market, including equity and debt capital, derivatives, structured finance, risk management and investment portfolio products. It's also designed to help you develop the soft skills you'll need in this area of practice, including negotiations and network building, with meetings with senior lawyers and directors of major companies.
Top reasons to study with us
- Learn in the heart of London – Studying at our Regent Campus in central London, you'll be part of a diverse, global community
- Enhance your employability – Our industry expert-led workshops will help you to develop key skills for your career
- Learn in top facilities – Westminster Law School has a full mock courtroom, hi-tech learning spaces and a pro-bono clinic, as well as a state-of-the-art lecture theatre
- Flexible start time – You can begin the course in September or January
Why study this course?
- Fantastic central London location
You'll be studying in the centre of one of the world’s greatest cities, within easy reach of London's unrivalled library, cultural and archive resources.
- Develop your legal knowledge and skills
As well as gaining a comprehensive understanding of the international corporate finance market, you'll develop important negotiation and network-building skills, and advanced research and analytical skills.
- Gain an enhanced qualification
The course has been designed to provide you with a deep, systematic and structured knowledge of the operation of the corporate finance market and of the law for both practitioners and transactions in this area.
The Corporate Finance LLM will benefit you if you're seeking to work in any area of corporate finance law, including accountancy, corporate banking, corporate finance, corporate law, investment banking, private equity and venture capital, or in related fields.
- Supporting your career
We offer 1-2-1 appointments with careers advisors, advice on your CV and job applications, and mock assessment centres and interviews. We also run a Law vacancy jobs bulletin.
- Industry links
You'll have access to events and workshops with law firms, alumni, and career professionals to help you to get started in your law career through our Legal Skills Academy.
- Employers around the world
The University’s Careers and Employability Service has built up a network of over 3,000 employers around the world, helping all our students explore and connect with exciting opportunities and careers.
This course will prepare you for a variety of roles, including:
- Business analyst
- Commercial finance manager
- Compliance manager
- Corporate finance analyst
- Regulatory consultant
- Regulatory finance analyst
Graduates from this course have found employment at organisations including:
- Barcellos Tucunduva Advogados
- European Investment Bank
- First Capital Bank Malawi Plc
- National Bank of Kuwait
The following modules are indicative of what you'll study in this course.
- Corporate Finance Law Project
- Investment Banking Principles and Practices
- Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance
- International Banking Law and Regulation
- International Project Finance Law
- Islamic Finance and Securitisation
- Money Laundering and Corporate Fraud
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
The University is dedicated to supporting ambitious and outstanding students and we offer a variety of scholarships to eligible undergraduate students, which cover all or part of your tuition fees.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.