LLM in Digitalization and Tax Law WU Executive Academy - Vienna University of Economics and Business
Transform taxation into the future
Digitalization and transformation are much more than just buzzwords these days. Even though we are seeing current trends and are comfortable talking about them, we often underestimate the importance and context in which we operate, because we are accustomed to believing that we are in control. How often do we see trends but do not act fast enough on them? The digitalization of information exchange between tax authorities and taxpayers is a trend that will not disappear.
Industry and business communities use technology to optimize tax processes and comply with reporting obligations. Processes orchestrate corporate resources to fulfill these external demands. They are a key factor determining the compliance obligations, cost-to-serve, and operational efficiency. In particular, they determine tasks, jobs, and responsibilities and by this, shape the future work of every taxpayer and tax authority.
Processes are the arterial system within organizations and in inter-organizational supply networks. Tax and Trade laws build the basis for the related processes to comply. Consequently, any process failure can bring tax and customs life and the entire process ecosystem to a standstill.
Processes determine the potential and speed of an organization to adapt to new circumstances and comply with a fast-growing number of legislative requirements.
- A practitioner in a tax advisory firm, an in-house tax manager or tax director of a company, a tax technology manager, or a tax officer.
- Seeking answers to questions like what are the new technology innovations about, what’s the matter with tax authorities promoting the usage of technology, what does tax compliance mean, and last but not least how to create and ensure tax and legal transparency to be compliant with law.
Scholarships and Funding
The WU Executive Academy offers a wide range of partial scholarships for applicants for whom financing the tuition fee is a challenge, regardless of their residence or citizenship. Moreover, we have been supporting women in their professional development for many years, thus we additionally offer a "Female Leaders" scholarship that is open to all female applicants.
Scholarships are awarded on a case-by-case basis. The admission committee decides whether and to what extent a scholarship will be granted by evaluating:
- Submitted application documents
- Performance in the admission interview
- Potential contribution to peer-learning in class
- Financial situation (income, costs for logistics, etc.)
- Leadership potential
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Career goals and motivation
- Personal circumstances
You can find detailed information about all different scholarships, including the maximum amount, on our website.
In addition, there are further financing options possible, including employer sponsorship, payments by installments, or early bird reductions. You can find an overview of all opportunities here.
- Fundamentals of Income Tax Law
- International Tax Law
- Transfer Pricing
- Value Added Tax and Customs
Digitalization and Information Systems
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Advanced Topics in Business Process Management
- Data Science
- Process Mining and Process Automation
Digitalization and Information Systems in the Tax Field - Case Studies I
- Data Accessibility and Cloud Solutions
- BPM Modeling for Tax Processes e.g. Withholding Taxes
- Business Intelligence Tax Applications, Simulations, and Dashboards
- European VAT BI Analysis for Compliance and Benefit Tracking
- Process Mining for VAT
Digitalization and Information Systems in the Tax Field - Case Studies II
- Use Case Selection for Direct/Indirect Taxes
- Artificial Intelligence for Tax and Trade, Customs, Duties
- Interaction between VAT/Transfer Pricing and Customs
- Customs Automation and Prediction of Benefits
- Blockchain Applications for Tax and Customs
Find more information on our website.
After the program, you will ...
- seize opportunities of artificial intelligence, blockchain and process mining for your business.
- understand agile business process models and agile business intelligence.
- be able to analyze and interpret literature and legal sources from the technology sector.
- be able to turn your knowledge of relevant technologies into creative solutions in complex tax cases.
- be optimally prepared for the digital transformation in taxation.