"Tomorrow we will be international lawyers, barristers, solicitors, civil servants..."
The Catholic University of Lille was founded in 1875. It is a campus university in the heart of Lille city centre, in a green setting covering more than 10 hectares. It is a multidisciplinary university, unique in France, consisting of 6 faculties, 20 Grandes Ecoles and institutes, and a hospital complex.
A multidisciplinary university bringing together: 23 320 students in 140 study programmes spread across 4 major divisions:
- Law, Economics, Management
- Arts and Humanities, Theology, Ethics / Teaching and Education
- Health, Social Care
- Science and Technology
- Faculté Libre de Droit (FLD) (Faculty of Law)
- Faculté Libre des Lettres et Sciences Humaines (FLSH)(Faculty of Arts and Humanities)
- Faculté Libre de Médecine (FLM)(Faculty of Medicine)
- Faculté Libre des Sciences Economiques et de Gestion (FLSEG) (Faculty of Economics and Management Science)
- Faculté Libre des Sciences et Technologies (FLST) (Faculty of Science and Technology)
- Faculté de Théologie (FT)(Faculty of Theology)
20 Grandes Ecoles and Institutes
- 4 Engineering schools: HEI, ICAM, ISA, ISEN
- 4 Business and management schools: Groupe EDHEC, ESTICE, IESEG, ISTC
- 4 Medical and paramedical schools and institutes: ESF, ICM, IFSanté, IKPO
- Social science institute (ISL)
- Teacher training institute (IFP)
3 Entrepreneurship institutes
- Institute for sustainable and responsible development
- Institut du Développement Durable et Responsible
- Institut 'Disability, Dependence and Citizenship' Institute
A 700-bed hospital complex
- The hospitals of Saint-Philibert and Saint-Vincent de Paul
- Croix Centre for Preventative Medicine
- EHPAD L'Accueil (Nursing home)
- 3 partner establishments: Clinique Sainte-Marie de Cambrai, a Regional hospital in Mons, EHPAD Marguerite Yourcenar et Notre Dame de l’Espérance
A LARGE "HUMANICITÉ" PROJECT : A NEW RESIDENTIAL AND TOWN AREA A pleasant urban area covering 130 hectares and bringing together training centres, health and medical/social care establishments, as well as accommodation, services and retailers.
A Department of Ethics consisting of 3 centres
- Centre for Medical Ethics
- Centre for Economic and Business Ethics
- Centre for the Ethics of the Family and the Contemporary Subject
8 Junior Entreprises' (out of 15 in the region) 350 foreign cooperation agreements and conventions 1 900 international students welcomed every year 3 000 French students on foreign placements Almost 50 research teams The Vauban university library, 12 sector libraries and 1 network digital library. 350 student associations active in many fields (student representation, art, sport, humanitarian issues, solidarity, sustainable development, etc).
LILLE, A YOUNG AND DYNAMIC CITY
Lille has over 100,000 students and is one of the youngest cities in France. The Lille metropolis is a cross-border, European, cosmopolitan and diverse megalopolis. It has 87 communes and over a million inhabitants. The city of Lille is the crossroads of Europe, located 1 hour from Paris, 30 minutes from Brussels, and 1.5 hours from London by high-speed train.
This school offers programs in: