A great American law school in a great American city
The University of Cincinnati College of Law is a rare resource. An affordable legal education in an energetic urban environment. A small and supportive law school community committed to your professional success. An academic enterprise that prides itself on its:
Cincinnati Law delivers an innovative curriculum taught by an outstanding faculty and a large group of adjunct professors who bring their valuable experience to the classroom. With alumni who mentor and counsel you as you develop your professional identity.
Focus on Experience
Cincinnati Law boasts a rich assortment of externships, internships, clinics, and other opportunities that maximize a student’s connections with the real world and practical capacities.
At UC Law, we emphasize a thoroughgoing engagement with the Cincinnati community – the legal profession, the courts, government, business – and enjoy collaborations and partnerships with those who make law, practice law, apply the law, and depend on the law.
UC Law is truly a global law school with opportunities for students to study abroad and gain valuable work experience in other countries, for international students to learn about U.S. law, and for visiting legal scholars to research and work side-by-side with our faculty.
Mission and Vision
Our Mission The mission of the University of Cincinnati College of Law is to educate and inspire leaders who pursue justice and advance the role of law in society. Our Vision We are a community of learners, led by a faculty committed to excellent teaching, scholarship, and service. We strive to create a learning environment that inspires the pursuit of justice, cultivates diverse and innovative ideas about the law in society, fosters collaborative relationships, and imparts the knowledge, values, and competencies needed to excel in a changing world.
- 8.4 to 1 Student/Faculty Ratio
- < 300 Students
- > 35 Student Organizations
- 5 Journals
- 7 Centers and Institutes
JD Admissions Profile (Class of 2018)
- Entering class size:101
- Median LSAT: 155
- Median UGPA: 3.59
- Age Range: 20-47
- Majors: 30
- Universities: 64
LLM Enrollment Profile (Class of 2018)
- Entering class size: 18
- From 13 different countries
- Students focusing on human rights, business law, criminal law
- 80% received a UC Law scholarship
- Bar preparation is available
Law School History
- Founded in 1833 - UC Law is the 4th oldest law school in the country and the only law school in Ohio until 1885.
- One of the 32 charter members of the Association of American Law Schools, founded in 1900.
- We are a US top 40 law school, with one of the lowest tuitions, so that we can admit a diverse group of students from more countries.
This school offers programs in: